Long-Term Substitute Teacher (First Grade)
Central Christian School is seeking a passionate educator to serve our school as a Permanent Substitute Teacher. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a Christian academic institution as a member of a talented and dedicated staff.
All candidates should have a demonstrable Christian commitment and an educational philosophy that is consistent with Central Christian School's mission statement. This individual in this position will take on the classroom duties for a three-month time period (March-May) while the teacher is on leave.
In this role, the responsibilities include:
- Follow existing lesson plans and scope and sequence to provide instruction to assigned students.
- Create lesson plans for all content areas (Reading, Writing, Math, Science, Social Studies, Bible)
- Responsible for establishing positive learning expectations for all students.
- Establishes and maintains reasonable rules of conduct within the classroom and the school.
- Maintains accurate grades.
- Complete end of year report cards
- Participates in all safety drills that may occur during the school day.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education
- Teaching experience, preferred
- Strong ability to connect with children
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Eagerness to serve in a Christian learning environment
- Experience working as part of a collaborative team
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to interact professionally with parents and school community members
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- Demonstrated success creating a classroom community where all students feel safe, welcome and respected
- Ability to support our mission by relating the Christian faith to learning and life