Spanish Teacher (Part-time: Mon.-Thurs.)
Central Christian School is seeking a Christ-filled, innovative and passionate individual to serve our school as our Spanish Teacher. This individual will be responsible for teaching Introductory Spanish to JK-6th grade students. Candidates must demonstrate confidence in Spanish language fluency, understanding of best instructional practices, and passion for developing and enhancing curriculum.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum and educational experience for students.
- Develop students’ understanding of Spanish through a variety of engaging activities and assessments.
- Plan and instruct Spanish lessons that meet the needs of students at varying readiness levels.
- Facilitate a productive learning environment in the classroom.
- Train and model Christian character.
- Develop professional knowledge and practice of language instruction strategies.
- Actively collaborate with colleagues across levels and departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Be a Christ follower whose relationship is defined by having received Christ as Savior and a pursuit of spiritual growth.
- Knowledge of child development, learning and behavior.
- Skill in critical thinking and planning.
- Calm and patient demeanor with students.
- Exhibits a professional manner and a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to receive feedback and make adjustments in response to the feedback.
- Displays a significant degree of professionalism.
- Bachelor's degree in Spanish or Education with an emphasis in Spanish.
- Three or more years of successful classroom experience, preferred.
- Experience with curriculum development.